100 Best Valentine’s Day Quotes for Your Loved OnesFebruary 4, 2023
Here are some Valentine’s Day quotes to add to your cards and express your love to your loved ones. Whether it’s your partner, spouse, friends, or family, these quotes will capture the essence of your affection. Choose from famous authors, musical artists, or movie references that your Valentine will appreciate. These words will make them feel special and show just how much they mean to you. Make your Valentine’s Day cards personal and memorable by adding the right quote to express your love.
What to Write in a Valentine’s Day Card
People exchange flowers, Valentine’s Day gifts, and scribble love notes on the blank spaces of personal greeting cards to commemorate Valentine’s Day. Although we express ourselves almost every other day of the year, it is always more difficult to put feelings on paper on Valentine’s Day. We frequently wonder if we’re writing too much or too little, or if we’re truly conveying what we truly want to say to our loved ones. Before you begin writing your heartfelt Valentine’s Day message, consider the person to whom you are writing. Valentine’s Day heart-shaped candy in pink and white.
Show your special someone how much they mean to you this Valentine Day by expressing your feelings through a heartfelt message in your card. Consider the emotions and memories you associate with them, and highlight your favorite moments together. Short and simple messages from the heart can be just as impactful as longer, more detailed ones. Pair your message with a sentimental and personal gift, like a piece of customized jewelry or a photo book, to make your Valentine feel extra special on this day of love. Remember, the most important thing is that your gesture comes from the heart.
We’ve listed 5 steps below to assist you in creating the perfect Valentine’s Day cards:
When crafting your Valentine Day message, follow these guidelines to make your card special and memorable:
- Greet your Valentine: Start your message by addressing the recipient and using a phrase that reflects your relationship.
- Extend your wishes: Wish your Valentine a Happy Valentine’s Day with a simple greeting.
- Write from the heart: Express your feelings and emotions with a heartfelt message that includes personal touches and shows how much you care.
- Add a quote: Incorporate a touching quote from your favorite writer or poet to enhance the message in your card.
- Conclude with love: End your message with a loving closing to reflect the way you started, and sign your card with love.
These tips will help you create a memorable Valentine’s Day card that your special someone will treasure.
Whether you’re writing a note for a friend, a family member, or a partner, our Valentine’s Day quotes will get you started and may even inspire you. With these Happy Valentine’s Day quotes, you can add more than “CRAZY 4U” to your Valentine’s messages.
Happy Valentine’s Quotes
For centuries, famous writers, poets, and figures have attempted to capture the essence of love through words. When you’re struggling to find the right words to express your feelings, turn to these Valentine’s Day quotes to make your loved one feel cherished. Their face is sure to light up with joy as they read a memorable quote from a beloved book, poem, or play. Add a touch of magic to your Love Day cards by incorporating these quotes and letting the recipient know that they were on your mind this special holiday.
- “Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves – alone we find it with another.” – Thomas Merton
- “Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly.” – Rose Franken
- “Love is a condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert Heinlein
- “Love is being stupid together.” – Paul Valery
- “A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” – Ingrid Bergman
- “We love because he first loved us.” – 1 John 4:19
- “I won’t give up on us, even if the skies get rough.” – Jason Mraz
- “Love is when the desire to be desired takes you so badly that you feel you could die of it.” – Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
- “Romance is thinking about your significant other, when you are supposed to be thinking about something else.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever.” – Audre Lorde
- “Most people are slow to champion love because they fear the transformation it brings into their lives. And make no mistake about it: love does take over and transform the schemes and operations of our egos in a very mighty way.” – Aberjhani
- “This fire that we call Loving is too strong for human minds. But just right for human souls.” – Aberjhani
- “If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love.” – Maya Angelou
- “Doubt thou the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move. Doubt the truth to be a liar, But never doubt I love.” – William Shakespeare
- “Where there is great love, there are always wishes.” – Willa Cather
Funny Valentine’s Day Quotes
If your Valentine has a great sense of humor and loves a good laugh, add some amusing Valentine’s Day quotes to your message. These quirky quotes will bring a lighthearted touch to the holiday while still expressing your love. Including these humorous sayings on your love’s Day card will not only make you both laugh but also show your Valentine your playful side.
- “If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put U and I together.” — Anonymous
- “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” — Charles M. Schulz
- “Love is a game that two can play and both win.” — Eva Gabor
- “Words cannot expresso how much you mean to me.” — Anonymous
- “On a scale of one to ten, I’d give you a nine — and I’m the one you need.” — Anonymous
- “You’re the peanut butter to my jelly.” — Anonymous
- “If you were a transformer you’d be Optimus Fine.” — Anonymous
- “If you were on paper, you’d be what they call fine print.” — Anonymous
- “Do you have a Band-Aid? Because I skinned my knee when I fell for you.” — Anonymous
- “I think you are suffering from a lack of Vitamin ME.” — Anonymous
- “I’m yours, no refunds.” — Anonymous
- “There is no one I’d rather lie in bed and look at my phone next to.” — Anonymous
- “I love being married. It’s so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” — Rita Rudner
Valentine’s Day Quotes for Him
When crafting your Valentine’s Day message for your significant other, make it personal and reflective of your unique relationship. Start by considering why they are so special to you and what memories and experiences make your relationship so special.
Use endearing pet names, include private jokes that only the two of you understand, and consider incorporating one of these Valentine’s Day quotes as a heartfelt touch. Remember to express how much they mean to you and how your life is better with them in it.
- “You stole my heart, but I’ll let you keep it.” — Anonymous
- “I love that rush when he folds me into his arms and I can let out a sigh of relief, knowing I’m safe there. Always.” — Michelle Poelking
- “When I’m with you, hours feel like seconds. When we’re apart, days feel like years.” — Anonymous
- “Happy Valentine’s Day to my handsome guy. I am proud to be yours and love being with you on this day and every chance we can get!” — Anonymous
- “Love is more than longing gazes, dancing in the rain, and candlelight dinners, but I’m so glad we experience all of that and more. I love you!” — Anonymous
- “I love you because you make me ridiculously happy.” — Anonymous
- “All my life, my heart has yearned for a thing I cannot name.” — Andre Breton
- “And I’d choose you, in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.” — The Chaos of Stars
- “Sometimes I wonder how you put up with me. Then I remember, oh I put up with you, so we’re even.” — Anonymous
- “I’ve never been so scared of losing something in my entire life, but then again, nothing in my life has ever meant as much to me as you do.” — Anonymous
- “From the first time I saw you, I knew you would have my heart. Happy Valentine’s Day to the best husband I could have asked for.” — Anonymous
- “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” — Leo Christopher
- “My favorite place in all of the world is next to you.” — Anonymous
- “And suddenly all the love songs were about you.” — Anonymous
- “I will never forget the moment I realized I loved you.” — Anonymous
Valentine’s Day Quotes for Her
Fill the space on your Valentine’s Day card with words that will touch her heart and remind her of the beauty you get to see every day. Whether you choose a quote from her favourite author or from a romantic film, you can be certain that one of these quotes will strengthen her feelings for you. These Valentine’s Day quotes will elevate your message to match all of your special Valentine’s Day gift ideas for her. To show her how much you love her, include a sentimental Valentine’s Day card along with her special Valentine’s Day Gift.
- “Love isn’t finding the perfect person. It’s seeing an imperfect person perfectly.” – Sam Keen
- “You have no idea how fast my heart beats when I see you.” – Anonymous
- “Being someone’s first love may be great, but to be their last is beyond perfect.” – Anonymous
- “Love is like the wind. You can’t see it, but you can feel it.” – A Walk to Remember
- “I kind of sort of maybe quite possibly like you a lot.” – Anonymous
- “In a world full of temporary things you are a perpetual feeling.” – Sanober Khan
- “I love you not only for what you are but, for what I am when I’m with you.” – Roy Croft
- “Turns out I like you a lot more than I originally planned.” – Anonymous
- “You take my breath away. Always.” – Anonymous
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus a day so I never have to live without you.” – Anonymous
- “Love is too weak a word for what I feel for you. One life is too small a time to express how madly I am in love with you.” – Anonymous
- “Come live in my heart, and pay no rent.” – Anonymous
- “I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I’ve ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, every day we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours.” – The Notebook
- “Because, a girl like you is impossible to find.” – Anonymous
- “I love you for all that you are, all that you have been and all that you are yet to be.” – Anonymous
Perfect Valentine’s Day Quotes for Friends
Sending a Valentine’s Day card to your friends is a lovely way to show them your appreciation for their friendship. It is a great opportunity to remind them of the fun times you’ve shared and how much their company means to you. You can personalize the card with a quote that expresses how comfortable you feel around them or write a heartfelt message to express your gratitude.
When it comes to choosing a Valentine’s Day gift for your friends, consider their interests and hobbies. If they love to cook, consider getting them custom glassware or kitchen accessories. Sports fans would appreciate a custom hoodie with a photo of their favorite team. And for friends who are always on the go, a custom tote bag would be a practical and thoughtful gift. Regardless of the gift, make sure to add a touch of love by including a special Valentine’s Day quote that expresses your feelings.
- “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” —Jim Morrison
- “The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.” —Hubert H. Humphrey
- “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Love is a friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It’s loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weakness.” —Ann Landers
- “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” —Henry Ford
- “A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities.” —William Arthur Ward
- “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.” —Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” —Helen Keller
- “Good friends are like the stars. You don’t always see them, but you know they’re always there.” —Anonymous
- “A friendship that like love is warm; A love like friendship, steady.” —Thomas Moore
- “Because of you, I laugh a little harder, cry a little less and smile a lot more. Happy Valentine’s Day!” —Anonymous
- “I have looked at you in millions of ways and I have loved you in each. Happy Valentine’s Day.” —Anonymous “As good friends go, you really shine. Let’s be each other’s Valentine!” —Anonymous
- “If there ever comes a day where we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever.” —Winnie The Pooh
- “Friendship gives wings to the heart as if there is no distance that can set them apart.” —Anonymous
Cute Valentine’s Day Quotes
Valentine’s Day is synonymous with all things cute and adorable. From heart-shaped sweets to plush teddy bears, there’s no holiday more charming. This Valentine’s Day, show your love how special they are by dedicating a quote to them. Express your love for their unique features, like their eyes or smile, or assure them that your love for them will never fade. A cute Valentine’s Day message can be the perfect way to show your love in a simple and endearing way.
Take a look at our collection of cute Valentine’s Day quotes, with sentiments ranging from romantic to friendly. Whether you’re creating a Valentine’s Day card for your significant other or for a dear friend, these sweet sayings are sure to make them smile.
- “You are what I never knew I always wanted” —Fools Rush in
- “In true love the smallest distance is too great and the greatest distance can be bridged” —Hans Nouwens
- “You’re the jam!” —Anonymous
- “You are the brightest star, and I’m in love with who you are” —White Lines & Red Lights
- “You are the person I never knew how to write, and this life is the story I have always wanted to tell” —Tyler Knott Gregson
- “I love you in the morning and in the afternoon. I love you in the evening and underneath the moon” —Anonymous “Once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life love gives us a fairytale” —Anonymous
- “Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart” —Anonymous “You will forever be my always” —Anonymous
- “For love, I’d do anything. For you, I’d do more” —Anonymous
- “I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once” —John Green
- “Know what I like about you? Everything! Happy Valentine’s Day” —Anonymous
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams” —Dr. Seuss
- “Life is full of lots of things that make it all worthwhile, but none is better than your little smile” —Anonymous “Unless you love someone, nothing else makes sense” —E.E. Cummings
Quotes for You on Valentine’s Day
This Valentine’s Day, take the time to show yourself some love. It’s important to remember that you are worthy of love and that you should love yourself first. Treat yourself to something special like a personalized gift, such as a custom wine glass, fleece photo blanket, or a new phone case. Whether you’re single or in a relationship, there’s nothing wrong with indulging in some self-care on Valentine’s Day. Use these Valentine’s Day quotes as a reminder to appreciate all that you have to offer and everything you have accomplished. Embrace self-love and celebrate the person you see in the mirror.
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” —Oscar Wilde
- “The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.” —Walt Disney
- “Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?” —Anonymous
- “To love yourself is to understand you don’t need to be perfect to be good.” —Anonymous
- “Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.” —Anonymous
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the universe, deserve your love and affection.” —Buddha
- “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” —M. Scott Peck
- “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
- “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” —Fred Rogers
- “When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier.” —Diane Von Furstenberg
- “Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends.” —Aberjhani
- “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.” —Charles Bukowski
- “Be yourself. There is no one better.” —Anonymous
- “The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone who loves the you you love, well, that’s just fabulous.” —Carrie Bradshaw
- “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” —Maya Angelou
Valentine’s Day Greetings
Wishing your loved one a Happy Valentine’s Day! We’ve compiled some of our favorite Valentine’s Day greetings to show your appreciation and love for them. These messages are suitable for close family members, colleagues, or acquaintances.
While Valentine’s Day may not be the biggest occasion for sending greetings, you can still stand out by expressing your love and affection through thoughtful wishes. Your friends, family and colleagues will appreciate the kind words and remember your thoughtfulness. Choose your favorite message or use them as inspiration to craft a unique and special Valentine’s Day wish.
- I wish you and your loved ones a happy Valentine’s Day filled with love, chocolates, and flowers.
- Wishing you a day full of love and celebration with your family on Valentine’s Day.
- My wish for you this Valentine’s Day is to spend it with the ones you love, including me.
- I hope your Valentine’s Day is filled with happiness and love. I miss and love you lots!
- Wishing you a fantastic Valentine’s Day with all the love and celebration you deserve.
- Let’s celebrate this day of love together, Valentine. Wishing you a Happy Valentine’s Day!
- On this special day, I wish you and your family a very happy Valentine’s Day, filled with appreciation and love.
- Wishing you a day full of sweets, flowers, and love on this Valentine’s Day.
- I’m sending you lots of love and well wishes on Valentine’s Day. Can’t wait to get together and celebrate!
- A Happy Valentine’s Day to you! And don’t worry, the chocolates are on their way. (If I don’t eat them all first!)
- I know my Valentine’s Day is better because of you. Wishing you the most wonderful day filled with love.
- Such a wonderful day with so much love in the air. Wishing you a Happy Valentine’s Day!
Other Valentine’s Day Sayings and Messages
Need inspiration for unique Valentine’s Day messages? Here are some of our favorite options that can be added to your gifts or cards. From cute and romantic to fun and silly, these Valentine’s Day quotes and sayings are sure to make your loved one smile. Show them your love and appreciation with these special messages this Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day Candy:
Candy Valentines are ideal for giving to your children on Valentine’s Day, as well as for them to take to school and distribute. From smarties to gummy bears, your children’s Valentine’s Day will be sweet and sugary. Instead of just giving out candy, make sure your candy Valentines include a sweet message. Students will enjoy giving and receiving candy, as well as messages from their friends, which they will undoubtedly appreciate. Include the following fun Valentine’s Day sayings as a card with your candy:
- You make my Valentine’s Day a whole lot sweeter!
- Wishing you a bear-y sweet Valentine’s Day!
- I’m not just stringing you along! Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Our friendship is worth a lot more than 100 Grand!
- I love you a chocoLOT!
- Who wouldn’t love a smartie like you?
Non-candy Valentine’s Day:
Add a touch of fun to your kids’ Valentine’s Day with creative, non-candy messages! Instead of sugary treats, try handing out school supplies, stickers, or pencils with heartwarming notes attached. These Valentine’s Day quotes will definitely bring a smile to their faces:
- “You’re the sharpest tool in the box!” (With a pencil)
- “Sticking with you, Valentine!” (With a pack of stickers)
- “You color my world with happiness.” (With a set of colored pencils)
- “Here’s to a great school year, Valentine!” (With a notebook)
- “You’re the ruler of my heart.” (With a ruler)
- “You light up my day, Valentine.” (With a pen that lights up)
Keep Visiting Us Here and Here.